Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Finally made it!

3 hours at LAX
5 hours to NYC
3 hours at JFK
11 hours to Tel Aviv
2 hours at airport
1 hour to hotel
and yes, finally, I've made it to Jerusalem!!  Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city of so many dreams and heartaches.  I knew I wasn't in the US when the pilot on the Delta flight warned us sternly, "everyone on the plane must be in their seat or this plane cannot enter Israeli airspace."  We are staying in East Jerusalem, where some cab drivers won't come because its too Arab.  But it's a lively, fun place, and I feel privileged to be here.  I met up with the other members of our group, which includes one of my employees from the Coral Center (Ronnie) and Donald Thomas!  We all had dinner together and were given an orientation by our leaders Marc Gopin and Glen Stassen.  Already sensing a lot of potential synergy with NVP!  Very tired from the trip - will go to be early soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment